Adult Community Mental Health Services (ACMHS) - North
The Adult Community Mental Health Service (ACMHS) offers free, confidential services to people aged between 18 and 65 years who have a severe and complex mental health problem. We provide treatment, support and education.
We partner with you and other services that you may access to ensure your return to wellness is based on a recovery model of care.
- Assessment of mental health problems
- Crisis assessment and response
- Case management, support and counselling for individuals and their families
- Medication prescribing, monitoring and support
- Liaison with, or referral to, other professionals and support agencies
- Community education and health promotion
- Group treatment programs
- Regular outreach services
- In-reach to inpatient psychiatric facility
Our multi disciplinary team is made up of Psychiatrists, Social Workers, Nurses, Psychologist and Occupational Therapists.
If you believe that you or someone you know has a mental health problem, contact the Mental Health Services Helpline for advice. The Helpline is free and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Mental Health Helpline is available on 1800 332 388 as first point of contact for triage and possible referral into the service.
This service covers the "63" phone area - Northern Tasmania
Information Last Updated: 15 May 2018