Anglicare - Housing Connect
For those needing assistance with housing – get help with crisis accommodation, bond and rent for private rentals and apply for public or community housing.
As well as information, advice and referral to many other services, Housing Connect can provide ongoing support to people to establish or maintain long term housing. Housing Connect can also provide support to people who are already in housing but having difficulty because of things like too many bills.
What does Housing Connect do?
Housing Connect is the one-stop shop for all your housing and support needs. One assessment for everything from emergency accommodation to a long-term home.
Housing Connect can help you with:
- applying for social housing
- support and advice with your private rental, including bond and rent arrears
- finding a bed for the night
- support and advice on how to stay in your home
- assistance following family violence
- information and advice on your housing options.
How does Housing Connect work?
Housing Connect connects Tasmanians on low incomes and in crisis, with long-term stable housing and support where it is needed. Housing Connect provides:
1. A one-stop shop for clients to access their housing and support needs. It provides immediate assistance, assessment and intake service for people who need help with housing or who are homeless.Clients have one housing and support assessment instead of going to numerous different services to get help.
2. Ongoing support to people with high needs to prevent them experiencing a further housing crisis.
3. Emergency accommodation with more capacity for those that need more help, such as families, men with children, pregnant women and people with high and complex needs.
Information Last Updated: 04 Feb 2019