Anglicare Support Services - Children & Youth Mental Health Support Service (CYMHSS)
Children & Youth Mental Health Support Service (CYMHSS) is an early intervention service which assists children and young people at risk of developing a mental illness. Support is holistic and a parent/guardian is required to be involved in some capacity for support to be provided.
It provides information, knowledge and support about mental health and works therapeutically within the family context to assist with overcoming difficulties. You will be supported to maintain self care and explore the things in life that you would like to achieve. The aim is to support you with your individual needs and to increase your feeling of wellbeing.CYMHS can connect you to the services you may need to stay healthy and connected to your family.
• access to information and resources
• links to other useful services
• a worker dedicated to you
• help to develop coping skills
• support and counselling for children
We also offer:
• Workshops: ask us about information sessions on a particular topic or a guest speaker
• Group work: share your own experience and develop networks with other people in similar situations
• Community education: we hold community events and workshops at schools and community groups.