Anglicare Support Services - Financial Counselling
Financial counsellors provide a free, independent and confidential service. They can help you organise your budget, suggest ways to manage your debt and refer you to other useful services. Financial counsellors can assist in matters around consumer credit law, debt enforcement practices, bankruptcy, industry hardship policies and government concessions.
Our counsellors can provide information about:
- your options to deal with debt
- negotiating with creditors
- your rights and responsibilities as a consumer
- accessing your superannuation
- bankruptcy and its alternatives
- referral to legal services if needed
- money management and budgeting
You can meet with counsellors in Hobart, Glenorchy, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie, and they also make regular visits to Huonville, Sorell, Bridgewater, Rokeby, New Norfolk, Georgetown, Scottsdale, Exeter/Beaconsfield, Ravenswood, Deloraine, West Tamar, St Marys, St Helens, Deloraine, Smithton and the Tasmanian prisons.
Community-based organisations can request education sessions for their members about any finance related issue.