Anglicare Support Services - Glenorchy Illicit Drug Service
The Glenorchy Illicit Drug Service (GIDS) provides information, education and counselling to young people who are using alcohol and other drugs. It is free, confidential, and completely voluntary. It also offers support to family members and friends affected by a young person's drug use.
This service is for young people aged 12-25 years, as well as their family members and friends.
What does this service provide?
- someone to talk with
- one-to-one counselling and support
- help accessing other services
- information and education
- help with your family situation
- links and referrals to other services
- education sessions for schools
- support services to the Tasmanian Prison Service
Based in Glenorchy, it is for people living in the area north of Creek Rd, New Town, including the Derwent Valley, Bridgewater and Gagebrook.
Outreach is provided in the Derwent Valley area.
Information Last Updated: 04 Feb 2019