Anglicare Support Services - Supported Youth Program
You can make positive changes in your life – and you don't have to do it alone. Get the support you need to build your confidence, improve your relationships and take part in your community.
If you're between the ages of 10 and 18 and are looking for opportunities and a bit of direction, the Supported Youth Program can help you out.
This service can provide you with support, counselling and mediation with your family if you need it. There are several ways you can get involved with education, training and community in a non-judgmental and safe environment.
Who is the program for?
The program works with young people who are identified by community or welfare professionals as having significant and/or multiple, risk issues, such as:
- An unstable home environment
- Disengagement with school
- Experimentation with alcohol or other drugs
- Difficulties fitting in socially
- Being at risk of Child Protection or Youth Justice intervention.
- Assessment and case management for young people entering the program is driven by an attachment and trauma theory framework.
- It involves developing long-term intervention programs suitable for the young person’s stage of life and circumstances.
How does the program work?
The program will focus on developing new pathways for learning through:
- Interacting with social and community resources, including agencies already involved
- Participate in therapeutic camps for self-development and relationship skills building
- Access to youth friendly places for outreach
- Be involved with groups or as an individual on activities and projects which promote personal learning.
Cost to you - Free service
Serving Regions - Northern Tasmania and Northwest Tasmania
Anglicare’s Supported Youth Program in the North and Northwest of Tasmania works in partnership with key agencies and professionals to provide care and support for young people aged 10-18 years.
Contact us if your client would like to access this service. Referrals to the Supported Youth Program can be made via Gateway Services.
Call - 1800 243 232 (free from mobiles and landlines in Australia)
Information Last Updated: 07 May 2019