Baptcare Integrated Family Support Services (North)
Baptcare is the lead agency for the Gateway and Integrated Family Support Service Alliance in the North of Tasmania. The Alliance and other services providing IFSS to the North region are working to improve the safety, wellbeing and health of children (aged 0 to 18), young people and their families. IFSS also allows for families with unborn children to obtain support before the birth of a child. The providers of Integrated Family Support Services in the North include Baptcare, Centacare, Northern Suburbs Community Centre, UnitingCare Family Services, Glenhaven Family Care and Mission Australia.
The Integrated Family Support Service works with families with children aged 0 to 18 who require support with:
• Providing a safe and nurturing environment for children
• Strategies and practical skills around parenting capacity
• Improving confidence and enjoyment in parenting
• Managing challenging childhood behaviours
• Understanding the developmental stages of children and adolescents
• Time management and utilising relevant resources
• Managing family conflict and breakdown
• Dealing with the impact of mental health issues
• Dealing with the impact of substance abuse
• Accessing social and professional support networks within the community.
Information Last Updated: 08 May 2018