Baptcare Integrated Family Support Services (South)
Baptcare is the lead agency for the Gateway and Integrated Family Support Service Alliance in the South-West of Tasmania. The Alliance and other services provide IFSS to the South-West region, and are working to improve the safety, wellbeing and health of children (aged 0 to 18), young people and their families.
IFSS also allows for families with unborn children to obtain support before the birth of a child. The providers of Integrated Family Support Services in the South-West include Baptcare, Centacare, Good Beginnings, Hobart City Mission, Lady Gowrie Tasmania and Mission Australia.
The Integrated Family Support Service works with families with children aged 0 to 18 who require support with:
• Providing a safe and nurturing environment for children
• Strategies and practical skills around parenting capacity
• Improving confidence and enjoyment in parenting
• Managing challenging childhood behaviours
• Understanding the developmental stages of children and adolescents
• Time management and utilising relevant resources
• Managing family conflict and breakdown
• Dealing with the impact of mental health issues
• Dealing with the impact of substance abuse
• Accessing social and professional support networks within the community
Information Last Updated: 08 May 2018