Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres - Southern Tasmania
Do you care for someone? Would you like support in your caring role?
We are the first point of contact for carers in southern Tasmania and would welcome a call from you.
We know that everyone is different, so we will talk to you about your situation and how we can best work with you to achieve the right level of services, customised to your individual needs.
Who do we help?
Anyone including family members, friends or neighbours who care for someone who:
• Has a disability
• Has a medical condition
• Has a mental illness
• Is frail aged
You may also be
• Caring part-time or full-time.
• A young person still at school providing care to someone.
You do not have to be living with the person you care for, or receiving a Centrelink Carer Payment or a Carer Allowance, to be eligible.
How can we help?
• Organise time out so you can have a break
• Provide information, education & training courses
• Organise counselling services
• Provide emergency support
• Connect you with other services
• Provide information about other services in your local area
• Health promotion activities/information on how to safely transfer the person you care for, assist you understand your medications and how to avoid infections
• Arrange activities that connect you with other carers
• Carer packages
• Book residential respite for you or the person you care for
Carer Support Services are funded by the Australian Department of Social Services and provided under the Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres.
What does it cost?
We will negotiate a fee with you when we allocate support.
FreecaII 1800 052 222
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm (except public holidays).
Calls from mobiles charged at applicable rates.
Information Last Updated: 06 Jun 2018