Community Based Support - Domestic Assistance Program
Community Based Support can help you to stay in your home doing the things you enjoy best, by assisting you with light household duties such as vacuuming, cleaning, laundry and ironing.
Domestic assistance (Home Help) services can include:
• Vacuuming and mopping floors, cleaning the bathroom, bedroom and toilet and wiping benches.
• Dusting of clear and low surfaces.
• Washing and ironing of clothes - outer garments only.
• Bed making.
• Assistance with meal preparation where purchased meals are not appropriate.
• Unaccompanied shopping and bill paying.
• Vacuuming of staircases (where prior approval has been given).
The client is responsible for providing all cleaning products and necessary equipment for the allocated tasks.
Unfortunately, we are not able to assist with the following tasks under the domestic assistance program.
• Cleaning spare bedrooms or additional bathrooms or toilets.
• Cleaning windows, skirting boards or high areas.
• Moving heavy furniture.
• Lifting or moving heavy or awkward objects.
• Undertaking cleaning on hands and knees.
• Gardening, chopping wood or cleaning outdoor areas.
• Home maintenance jobs.
• Transporting client to appointments or taking the client shopping.
If you require any of the above, please contact us as we offer other programs that can provide these services.
Who can access this service?
Older people, people with a mental illness, younger people with a disability and their carers.
Potential clients can contact CBS for more information. Family members/carers, medical practitioners, health professionals or other service providers may refer on the client’s behalf with the client’s consent.
Is dependent on the overall demand for the service, a client’s individual needs and available resources at the time of assessment.
*What does the service cost?
Fees are discussed with clients during the assessment.
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm (except public holidays).
Information Last Updated: 04 Jun 2018