Dementia Australia - National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500
The National Dementia Helpline is a free confidential phone and email information and support service which provides:
- information about dementia and memory loss
- information on how you may be able to reduce the risk of getting dementia
- information about government support services (including My Aged Care, the Carer Gateway, Centrelink)
- information about services in your area
- emotional support to help you manage the impact of dementia
You can contact the helpline by phone, by email, by chatting with us online, or ask us to call you back.
The Helpline is for anyone interested in dementia, concerned about their memory, anybody who has been diagnosed with dementia or who works with people with dementia, or anybody who simply wants to know more.
The Helpline operates nationally from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. A message service is available so if you call outside operating hours, we’ll call you back the next working day.
Information Last Updated: 06 Feb 2019